Built on the premise that within each of us lies the ability to push beyond what we think possible, RHF CrossFit blends several different aspects of fitness to increase cardiovascular endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, coordination, agility, balance and accuracy. Each group class* begins with a workout- specific warm-up, instruction, workout explanation, workout, and cool down/stretch/core work. RHF CrossFit classes are taught by certified trainers and offered at a reduced rate when compared with classes of the same level. Each class is one hour long and includes warm up, instruction on 4-6 foundational movements and a workout/cooldown.
RHF CrossFit membership includes full access to our gym complete with classes like yoga and cycling. Plus, the membership provides unlimited access to CrossFit classes, an opportunity to connect with a diverse CrossFit community and compete; and access to an instructor who modifies workouts based on skill level, customizing as needed for every individual.
*All members must complete and Intro Class on Mondays at 6:30 AM or Tuesdays at 8:00 PM. If you cannot attend the classes when scheduled, they can be made by appointment. Contact David to arrange.
Monday - Thursday:
5:30 AM, 7:30 AM, 4:00 PM, 5:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 7:00 PM
Friday: 7:30 AM, 4:00 PM, 5:00 PM
Intro Class: Mondays at 6:30 AM & Tuesdays at 8:00 PM
What is CrossFit?
CrossFit is a community based strength and conditioning that incorporates functional movements performed at high intensity across broad time and modal domains.
1. Community Based. All classes are group classes. All classes throughout the day perform the same workouts and can be modified based on experience level (see "Do I have to be fit to do CrossFit?")
2. Constantly Varied. Your body is highly adaptive. It quickly gets used to common routines, making your efforts less effective and less responsive to change. Every day a different workout is planned using different movements each class.
3. Functional Movements Performed At High Intensity. Have you ever picked up a heavy box off the ground? Placed it overhead on a shelf? Then you’ve done a dead lift and a press. Have you ever sat down on a toilet? You’ve completed a squat. Functional movements are multi-joint movements that are born out of actual everyday life. We teach you how to perform them correctly, safely, and efficiently. Once we see that you can maintain proper form we add weight and a little volume to get you stronger, faster and healthier. By executing these workouts at a high intensity, you’re increasing your strength and stamina all while benefiting from an intense cardio workout.
4. Across Broad Time. Each workout is different meaning all times are different one day you’ll do a “fast workout” around 5 minutes or less and some days you’ll do a longer workout 20 minutes or more. By doing workouts of varying time domains you are getting fitter, while building speed, strength, stamina and endurance.
5. Modal Domains. Along with having workouts of varying time domains the movements will differ. CrossFit consists of a mix of Olympic and Power lifting, running, rowing, gymnastics, kettlebells, and plyometrics. The workouts may have a little bit of everything one day or just one movement another day.
Do I have to be fit to do CrossFit?
NO, that is the beauty of CrossFit. It can be scaled and modified to fit any person’s skill level, athletic ability, flexibility or experience with exercise. Our staff is trained to find proper modifications for all types of movements and limitations.
Are the intro classes required?
Yes, all new members regardless of fitness level are required to attend the intro classes. If you were a member at a previous CrossFit we may waive this requirement with completion of a movement assessment.