RHF's 8 Week Challenges are perfect for re-starting your fitness routine or continuing what you've already begun. We also recommend our challenge to new members who are just starting to exercise.
Who: RHF Members and Community Members
When: October 22nd to December 17th
What: A fitness competition that seeks to build community and create accountability for reaching health and fitness goals by forming healthy habits
- Fitness Support
- Nutritional Guidance
- Cash $$$ Prizes
- RHF 8 Week Challenge T-shirt
Cost: $50 for RHF members; $120 for community members (includes full gym membership for duration of challenge) *Payment Plans available upon approval
Where: Rainier Health & Fitness (RHF)
Why: Getting healthy can be fun. And nothing says "fun" like a little healthy competition. Let’s come together as we encourage each other on our health and fitness journey. You deserve healthy transformation to be the best you!
Q: I want to join! What do I do?
A: Simply follow these 5 steps:
- Sign up at the front desk so we can reserve your spot at the 8 week challenge information session.
- Attend the information session on October 17th from 6:30-7:30 PM. Get to know the RHF team plus details about the 8 Week Challenge.
- Register during registration week, Monday, October 17th to Saturday October 22nd. Registration includes completing a commitment contract, joining a three-person team and paying the registration fee.
- Participate in the 8 Week Challenge.
- Celebrate by joining us in recognizing individual and team transformational success at the end of the challenge!
Q: How do I get in a team?
A: Invite your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers. However, even if you don't form your own team, you'll still be placed on a team of three. You will pick a team captain and team name. Each team will strategize how to work together to achieve your goals and compete for a final cash prize at the end of the challenge. Note that while we facilitate this challenge and provide helpful tips along the way, your team should be your main motivators as well as other participants in the challenge. You are each others' best cheerleaders!
Q: What's with the tokens?
A: Individuals receive prizes for monthly points received for completing certain activities, such as:
- Participating in RHF events
- Attending group classes
- Keeping a food and fitness journal
At the end of the competition, your tokens will be tallied and collected at the front desk for your team.
Q: How will my results get measured?
A: Through check-ins taken at the beginning, middle and end of the challenge. Check-ins for our fall challenge will be October 22 (Initial), November 19 (Middle) and December 17 (final). You'll sign up for these 30-minute segments at the front desk. At every checkpoint, you will:
- Weigh in
- Take measurements
- Complete a fit test
Q: How do I win?
A: You are all winners, but if you're talking about money...
- Individual Winners: (1st, 2nd, and 3rd place) will be based on improvement of:
- Fit test scores (50%)
- Weight loss & measurements (30%)
- Required final personal transformation testimonial (20%).
- Team Winner: 1st Place Team Winner is based on acquiring the most tokens throughout the challenge.
Other questions? Contact Tyra by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org