Recently we received a raving review from RHF longtime member Nancy Muller talking about the positive impact she's experienced from Group Training, with specific shout-outs to our trainer Justin. Thanks, Nancy, for agreeing to let us share your letter!
"I wanted to give a big shout out to RHF for your wonderful Group Trainings, in general, and specifically to Justin as a trainer. It has taken me 10 or 11 years of coming to RHF to dip my toe in the Group Training waters. This is thanks to my daughter Fiona who encouraged me to get off the elliptical and try a Group Training. I was so intimidated by the trainings I saw, often Patrick and his crew of trainees who seemed so strong and confident, that I could not imagine myself doing them. But when Fiona kept going and I saw her getting stronger and even more than that, how happy she seemed after doing a Group Training, I finally decided to try. I am such a convert now! I wish I had tried a long time ago.
"I have had the good fortune of attending training's by most of your trainers. These are such an amazing deal--$30 a month. I can't believe what a tremendous value this is. If I go 3 times a week, that is less than $3 a training.
"As mentioned, though I enjoy all the trainers, I want to specifically mention Justin and what a positive effect his training's have had on me. There are a number of things that I want to mention about Justin's training's:
- Tailored trainings that make me feel successful: Justin will adjust the trainings to the people who attend. I am so grateful for this. One of my biggest fears was that I would fail or look stupid because I couldn't do things, and also that I would injure myself. Justin pays close attention to what I am doing, and will modify things based on what he sees my abilities are.
- Feedback: Justin gives me frequent feedback on my position or my breathing to help maximize my safety and my effort. This makes me feel relaxed and confident that I am not going to injure myself. he is also offers just the right amount of encouragement, not too much that I don't believe it but enough to help me feel seen.
- Weights: I am shocked at how much I love working with weights. It was the thing I was most intimidated by before I started doing Group Training. I NEVER could imagine myself lifting weights heavier than 3 pounds! Justin builds weight training into all of his trainings and it is probably the single thing that makes me feel so empowered when I walk out of the gym. I don't get it. My husband Alan says its the endorphins. I don't know. I just know I bounce out of Justin's trainings, and feel confident in my ability to tackle new things. It goes beyond the gym. I wanted to note that this is an aspect that is perhaps the most important for me. Justin doesn't overdo it but combines strength training with the warm up and specific work on abs, gluts or legs. Strength training with weights is something that I have come to value in a way I wouldn't have expected.
- Attention: Justin pays close attention to how I am doing. He pushes me, definitely beyond what I imagine I can do, but I can do it. When I can't or he sees me struggle, he will offer me a different option. I think most of the trainers do this. I don't know his formal level of training, but he seems very skilled and to know body mechanics.
- Flexibility: Justin is willing to let me start even if I get to the gym 10 or 12 minutes late. I have a morning group meditation which I don't want to give up but it means I sometimes get in late. I am really grateful he is flexible and unless its a larger training, he will often let me jump in and modify the training so I can fit in.
"In short, even if the schedule changed I might just drag myself to RHF some nights to get a chance to work with Justin. He's a gem. Thanks for all you and your team do to keep us happy and healthy!"