Most people recognize that Rainier Health & Fitness is unique when it comes to friendly, affordable neighborhood fitness centers. What not everyone realizes is that Rainier Health & Fitness is actually a program of Urban Impact. As a local, non-chain fitness facility, we are able to offer access to our high-quality gym at affordable prices by subsidizing costs through grants and donations to our nonprofit mother organization, Urban Impact. Right now, BECU is awarding $5K to selected nonprofits.
If you are a BECU member, you have a chance to nominate Urban Impact to win BECU's People Helping People Award, which could win us $5000 in funding--or $15,000 if one of our volunteers is selected as the member volunteer of the year!
Here's how you can help:
By June 1, nominate "Urban Impact dba Rainier Health & Fitness" on this online form.
Details you'll need:
- Our tax id# is 91-1368333.
- Our annual operating budget is over $250,000.
- Rainier Health & Fitness works in King County.
- Being a holistic organization, we fit a number of their areas of focus. Pick what matches your involvement the best, and be ready to explain why.
- Last four digits of your BECU member number or debit card
- How you've supported RHF (donations/volunteering) in the past year
- How you think Rainier Health & Fitness brings the philosophy of "people helping people" to life
- $5000 could help Rainier Health & Fitness:
- Enable more seniors to exercise with more chairs and exercise equipment for our growing Silver Sneakers senior exercise class
- Purchase a new rowing machine
- Purchase new weights, boxes and bands for Group Training
- A story about your involvement that illustrates the impact of Rainier Health & Fitness
This nomination takes some thought -- but that weeds out the faint of heart who are less passionate about nominating other organizations! And, as you think through what matters most to you about the work of Rainier Health & Fitness, that matters to us too! We'd love to hear those stories :)
For more information about the award process, click here. Please also let me know if you have questions or need any help.
Thanks for nominating us for this award if you're able!