We are looking for volunteers to:
- Lead classes (e.g. yoga, Pilates, group cycling, SilverSneakers®) with energy, encouragement and enthusiasm
- Manage the front desk 1.5 hours per week
- Provide childcare for our members Monday - Thursday 5 PM - 8 PM for 1.5 hours weekly or 3 hours bi-weekly (we need two volunteers per night)
- Help keep the gym sparkling with custodial services 1.5 hours per week
Volunteers are a huge part of making Rainier Health & Fitness accessible!
Front Desk Volunteer
- Help create a welcoming, friendly environment for members and visitors
- Sign up new members, file memberships, take messages for staff, etc.
- Assist staff with creative and administrative projects
- Provide high-quality child care by engaging and playing with children while their parents exercise
- Clean and tidy childcare space after shift
- Maintain general cleanliness of the gym by sweeping, mopping, wiping equipment, cleaning restrooms, etc.
- Deep-clean occasionally by washing windows, organizing storage, etc.
- Help staff with closing procedures
- Assist staff with locking chains in parking
- Assist staff with cleaning procedures for closing
Varies depending on skills and needs; usually falls into one of the following categories:
- Graphic Design
- Written Communication
- PR at Community Events
Interested in Volunteering?
Contact us if you are interested in being part of our team.
Regular volunteers are eligible for free membership.